The library is fully mobile-ready.
Controls can be handled with our mobile multitouch library:
EIM Handheld/Touch which also provides fully multitouch
emulation debug tools for develop in standard pc/macs.
Aircraft Toolkit features realistic aerodynamics and flight simulator for airplanes, helicopters and many other vehicles, includes also ready to use prebuilt examples for drag-and-drop in your project and components for include weapons, hud, weather, atmospheric simulator, sky with light scattering and aeronautical construction fully integrated with Unity Editor. Fully compatible with Unity Free and Pro.
Current Features (0.80):
- Guns and rockets (guided missiles soon!).
- Orientable gun turret.
- Attack helicopter model based in Apache.
- Laminar airflow analyzer for improve several effects, for example stalls.
- Stall alert.
- New adittional and simpler helicopter rotor model available.
- Improved weapon collision detection for fast projectiles.
- Easy modelling from scratch or from schematics without programming.
- Easy debug: you can see the force vectors and other values while flying.
- Mass redistribution kinetics, filters and other mods to improve realism.
- Configurable smoke and windtrais, also affected by winds.
- Propwash and propeller improved simulation.
- Input (included exponential controls for acrobatics) and camera management included already.
- Several prebuilt airplane and helicopter examples ready to drag-and-drop. Now some with visual meshes.
- A scene with windsock is included for testing purposes.
- Wind simulation with variable wind-speeds included.
- Atmospheric pressure simulation.
- Ground effect for helicopters and airplanes.
- Atmospheric light scattering simulation.
- Helicopters and VTOL capabilities.
- Configurable anti-vibration filters for light-weight bodies flying at high speeds (without increasing sample rate).
- Allow user to define a custom wind model with windAtImplementation(Vector3 position).
- Improved landing wheel behaviour.
- Full source code included.
- Manual, upgrades and support included.
- And of course free upgrades!
Planned feature list:
- Some prerequisites for speed of sound effects.
- Improvements in the test avionics systems.
- New jet models.
- Avionics controller for make ease flight and detect events like ground hit alert or stall, and enable autopilots or NPC vehicles and weapons.
- Missiles (full aerodynamics, with avionics controller component for guiding them to the target).
- Basic touch controls and demos for touch devices.
- Arcade-like controllers for games easy mode.
- Skydivers and parachutes.
- A option to enable pivots to sample the rotation axis offset angle (instead of entering it manually). Enable pivots to change also the scales and positions.
- Sound barrier, Supersonic and hypersonic mode, drag and heating or at least aproximation, including a sound manager for performing sound cones and helicopter high speed transonic effects.
- Drag&drop preconfigured aircraft aerodinamic surfaces (noses, wing sections, foils...) for easing the design task and improve results (instead of currently used coeficient-based plates). Those will include typical parts of aircraft, helicopters and other vehicles, including some cars like racing cars and F-1 cars, hovercrafts...
- Make more videotutorials and extend documentation with tutorials about aircraft design.
- AI/NPCs aircrafts which can follow routes and attack or defend targets.
- Birds and other flying creatures.
- Buoyancy component for Blimps and Aerostat Baloons.
- Improved WindManager with support for turbulences and terrain surface querying callback, allowing anabatic winds implementation (and other surface based winds).
- More planes: a glidder, a cargo airplane, a light helicopter, a bi-rotor cargo helicopter...